Been in a car accident? Don’t worry. Here are 6 easy-to-follow steps on what to do after a car accident.
Pull over to a safe place.
- However minor you think a car accident is, you must stop. Make sure to stop in a safe area.
Call the police.
- The police report will help to build the official record of the accident itself, and prevent the other driver from changing their story.
- Take photographs of the vehicle, the accident scene, other person’s driver’s license, car registration, and insurance card. Take pictures of your injuries immediately after the accident as well.
- All drivers involved should swap names, addresses, telephone numbers, vehicle registration, and insurance company details and policy information.
- If possible, collect names, addresses, and contact details from any passengers and witnesses.
Contact a lawyer.
- You may be entitled to compensation. Call an attorney immediately to learn your rights. Always remember, it’s not what you know, it’s what can be proven that matters most.